Become a Member
BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER:
- WHEN YOU JOIN, YOU ARE NOT JUST A MEMBER - YOU ARE AN OWNER!
- You elect the Board of Directors who are members of the CU.
- There is an Annual Membership Meeting where you hear how your CU is doing and board members are elected.
- You are eligible for our products and services such as:
- Savings and Share Drafts (Checking)
- Electronic Services such as Domestic and International Wires
- Online Banking & 24 Hour Phone Banking
- Consumer Loans and Mortgages
- Financial Education and Counseling
- Business Services and Loans
We hope you will join our credit union. It starts with an easy phone call to us at 585-461-2230.
When you call, we will set up a time for you to come in and open your account.
In order to open your account, you need to bring:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID (such as a Driver's License)
- Social Security Card or Number
- $15 in cash
- $10 new member fee
- $5 to deposit into savings account
- If you want to order checks for a share draft/checking account, please bring an additional $16.47 to deposit for the check order.
Anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school within our geographic boundaries, belongs to one of our member associations, or is related to one of our members may join our CU.
We can also help you with joining one of the member groups in order to join our credit union. You can join the Community Darkroom or MetroJustice for a $10 donation to either organization which entitles you to join our CU.
|You can join our CU if you live, work, worship, attend school or own a businesses located in any of the following Rochester neighborhoods:||You can also join our CU if you are a member of the following community organizations:|
Neighborhood of the Arts
Gay Alliance of Genesee Valley
Genesee Co-op Natural Foodstore (dba Abundance Cooperative Market)
19th Ward Community Association
Open Sky Yoga
Rochester Friends Monthly Meeting
South East Area Coalition
OR Are a family member (by blood, marriage, domestic partnership, or adoption) of a current Genesee Co-op FCU member.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I've been a member since the Credit Union was just Dave Knoll with a cardtable in the hallway of the old Genesee Coop on Saturday mornings. I've never been tempted to go anywhere else since that time, even though I now live thirty miles away. I like dealing with nice staff who know my name, who are eager to help, and who are dedicated to financial literacy and empowerment. Plus, it's good to know that my money is being used to invest in people rather than fill the pockets of the wealthiest.
In addition to savings and checking I've turned to the credit union for debit cards, line-of-credit, auto financing, on-line banking, and a home mortgage. I've now financed at least four cars through the credit union, and I've successfully encouraged friends to do the same.
One of my boldest statements ever in the face of raw financial power was when the car dealer required me to sit through a presentation on their financing. My response: "I'm a loyal credit union member, and I'll stick with it even if you offer me zero percent. If I ever get in trouble, the Credit Union will help me work it out, but you guys'll just send the collection agent after me." The guy just gulped and that was that.
And I don't want to forget to mention that as a Credit Union member I get to vote. Real democracy - awesome!
Genesee Co-op Federal Credit Union - it's the best deal in town!"