Become a Member
BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER:
- WHEN YOU JOIN, YOU ARE NOT JUST A MEMBER - YOU ARE AN OWNER!
- You elect the Board of Directors who are members of the CU.
- There is an Annual Membership Meeting where you hear how your CU is doing and board members are elected.
- You are eligible for our products and services such as:
- Savings and Share Drafts (Checking)
- Electronic Services such as Domestic and International Wires
- Online Banking & 24 Hour Phone Banking
- Consumer Loans and Mortgages
- Financial Education and Counseling
- Business Services and Loans
We hope you will join our credit union. It starts with an easy phone call to us at 585-461-2230.
When you call, we will set up a time for you to come in and open your account.
In order to open your account, you need to bring:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID (such as a Driver's License)
- Social Security Card or Number
- $15 in cash
- $10 new member fee
- $5 to deposit into savings account
- If you want to order checks for a share draft/checking account, please bring an additional $16.47 to deposit for the check order.
Anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school within our geographic boundaries, belongs to one of our member associations, or is related to one of our members may join our CU.
We can also help you with joining one of the member groups in order to join our credit union. You can join the Community Darkroom or MetroJustice for a $10 donation to either organization which entitles you to join our CU.
|You can join our CU if you live, work, worship, attend school or own a businesses located in any of the following Rochester neighborhoods:||You can also join our CU if you are a member of the following community organizations:|
Neighborhood of the Arts
Gay Alliance of Genesee Valley
Genesee Co-op Natural Foodstore (dba Abundance Cooperative Market)
19th Ward Community Association
Open Sky Yoga
Rochester Friends Monthly Meeting
South East Area Coalition
OR Are a family member (by blood, marriage, domestic partnership, or adoption) of a current Genesee Co-op FCU member.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I joined the credit union when they first opened on Monroe Avenue. I wanted to build an account with a financial institution. I saw that they were new and I was starting new - so I thought it would be a good start! They were nice and courteous people. After they moved to South Avenue I wanted to buy a new car and they helped me with that and I have taken out personal loans with them too. They're more personal, a bank doesn't know you from the next 500 people. I always recommend them to people. The credit union looks at the things happening in your life and works with you. They know that people don't fail because they are not working on their life. Sometimes things just happen. I would like to get my next mortgage through them. I love them, they just fit my needs."