Become a Member
BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER:
- WHEN YOU JOIN, YOU ARE NOT JUST A MEMBER - YOU ARE AN OWNER!
- You elect the Board of Directors who are members of the CU.
- There is an Annual Membership Meeting where you hear how your CU is doing and board members are elected.
- You are eligible for our products and services such as:
- Savings and Share Drafts (Checking)
- Electronic Services such as Domestic and International Wires
- Online Banking & 24 Hour Phone Banking
- Consumer Loans and Mortgages
- Financial Education and Counseling
- Business Services and Loans
We hope you will join our credit union. It starts with an easy phone call to us at 585-461-2230.
When you call, we will set up a time for you to come in and open your account.
In order to open your account, you need to bring:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID (such as a Driver's License)
- Social Security Card or Number
- $15 in cash
- $10 new member fee
- $5 to deposit into savings account
- If you want to order checks for a share draft/checking account, please bring an additional $18.50 to deposit for the check order.
Anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school within our geographic boundaries, belongs to one of our member associations, or is related to one of our members may join our CU.
We can also help you with joining one of the member groups in order to join our credit union. You can join the Community Darkroom or MetroJustice for a $10 donation to either organization which entitles you to join our CU.
|You can join our CU if you live, work, worship, attend school or own a businesses located in any of the following Rochester neighborhoods:||You can also join our CU if you are a member of the following community organizations:|
Neighborhood of the Arts
Gay Alliance of Genesee Valley
Genesee Co-op Natural Foodstore (dba Abundance Cooperative Market)
19th Ward Community Association
Open Sky Yoga
Rochester Friends Monthly Meeting
South East Area Coalition
OR Are a family member (by blood, marriage, domestic partnership, or adoption) of a current Genesee Co-op FCU member.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1985
"I joined the credit union because my bank was starting to charge fees for different transactions and setting a minimum amount on how much you had to have in your account. I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth was and support local businesses. So, I opened a checking and saving account with the credit union. In 2004, I got a mortgage with them - which they helped me stay on top of when I was laid off for a short period. I have direct deposit there for work and I did open up a line of credit there many years ago; I don't use it often but it's nice to know it’s there in case I do need it. People at the credit union dress differently, they don't wear suits and they're down to earth. When I go there, it's friendly and welcoming. I like the brickwork and the fact that they have local artwork on the walls. Most of my friends already bank there."