Personal Unsecured & Secured Loans
Our minimum unsecured loan is $500 and the most we might be able to lend you is tied to your credit score:
MAXIMUM UNSECURED LOAN
|A+ 740 and Up||$25,000|
|A 680 - 739||$25,000|
|B 640 - 679||$15,000|
|C 600 - 639||$10,000|
|D 550 - 599||$5,000|
|E 549 and Less||
- Unsecured loans can be used for any legal purpose but the purpose must be stated at the time of application.
- We have provided many types of unsecured loans for: purchasing furniture or appliances, dental work, repair of credit, to assist with a family emergency or unexpected expense such as a funeral or travel to a funeral, "family aid" loans to assist people trying to help families that are oversees or living as refugees, security deposits, college expenses not covered by student loans or for establishing credit.
- Whenever possible, we try to lower the rate and our risk by asking for possible collateral, such as a car that is owned outright. This is known as a lien-secured loan; the loan rate matches the auto loan rate even though the loan is not to buy the car, but is for another purpose—for example, repairs to the vehicle.
- The maximum term for an unsecured loan is 60 months and the minimum term is 12 months.
- We offer monthly, semi-monthly, weekly and bi-weekly payment options on all consumer loans.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2004
"What has the CU done for and meant to me? How about warmth and security? When I joined I felt, and still feel, that the diversity of the neighborhood is well represented both by the CU's members and its employees. As welcoming as the staff is, I had no problem following when the building on Gregory St became its new home. The loyalty I felt to Genesee Co-op FCU at that time has been validated by an incident in May 2009. One of my checks was presented to the teller, unsigned, for a large amount. When that individual came back with same check supposedly signed by me, the CU refused to cash it, because the staff recognized the signature as forged. I got to see how the sense of kinship the CU propagates, plays out in order to safeguard its members. Thank you, team."