Become a Member
BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER:
- WHEN YOU JOIN, YOU ARE NOT JUST A MEMBER - YOU ARE AN OWNER!
- You elect the Board of Directors who are members of the CU.
- There is an Annual Membership Meeting where you hear how your CU is doing and board members are elected.
- You are eligible for our products and services such as:
- Savings and Share Drafts (Checking)
- Electronic Services such as Domestic and International Wires
- Online Banking & 24 Hour Phone Banking
- Consumer Loans and Mortgages
- Financial Education and Counseling
- Business Services and Loans
We hope you will join our credit union. It starts with an easy phone call to us at 585-461-2230.
When you call, we will set up a time for you to come in and open your account.
In order to open your account, you need to bring:
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID (such as a Driver's License)
- Social Security Card or Number
- $15 in cash
- $10 new member fee
- $5 to deposit into savings account
- If you want to order checks for a share draft/checking account, please bring an additional $18.50 to deposit for the check order.
Anyone who lives, works, worships or goes to school within our geographic boundaries, belongs to one of our member associations, or is related to one of our members may join our CU.
We can also help you with joining one of the member groups in order to join our credit union. You can join the Community Darkroom or MetroJustice for a $10 donation to either organization which entitles you to join our CU.
|You can join our CU if you live, work, worship, attend school or own a businesses located in any of the following Rochester neighborhoods:||You can also join our CU if you are a member of the following community organizations:|
Neighborhood of the Arts
Gay Alliance of Genesee Valley
Genesee Co-op Natural Foodstore (dba Abundance Cooperative Market)
19th Ward Community Association
Open Sky Yoga
Rochester Friends Monthly Meeting
South East Area Coalition
OR Are a family member (by blood, marriage, domestic partnership, or adoption) of a current Genesee Co-op FCU member.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2004
"What has the CU done for and meant to me? How about warmth and security? When I joined I felt, and still feel, that the diversity of the neighborhood is well represented both by the CU's members and its employees. As welcoming as the staff is, I had no problem following when the building on Gregory St became its new home. The loyalty I felt to Genesee Co-op FCU at that time has been validated by an incident in May 2009. One of my checks was presented to the teller, unsigned, for a large amount. When that individual came back with same check supposedly signed by me, the CU refused to cash it, because the staff recognized the signature as forged. I got to see how the sense of kinship the CU propagates, plays out in order to safeguard its members. Thank you, team."