Debt Consolidation Loans
- Our debt consolidation loans can be unsecured, partially-secured or fully lien-secured as well as can be a second mortgage on a home.
- The rate will depend on the type of collateral, if any is available.
- We provide debt consolidation loans between $1,500 and $15,000.
- Above $15,000 requires an A or A+ credit score (above 680).
- Our maximum term is 60 months.
Generally, we will want to meet with any member applying for a debt consolidation loan to review all debts to be included in the loan. We offer one-on-one budget counseling and sometime require it prior to making a decision on a debt consolidation loan. We will often require that the borrower signs a "no new debt" agreement with us, to ensure that new indebtedness does not continue. Our goal is to help our members, reduce their debt and increase their savings!
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I decided to become a founder and a member of Genesee Co-op Federal Credit Union because I wanted to help create, support and benefit from a cooperative alternative to mainstream financial institutions. It's important to me to know that my money supports a non-profit, community-based, socially-responsible saving and lending institution. Now more than ever, we need alternatives to the mega-banks that have made such a mess of our economy. I'm proud to have been a part of an institution that has helped thousands of people enter the world of credit, improve their financial standing and be treated with dignity. It's great to have witnessed the credit union’s evolution from a small group of food co-op members into an institution that serves a member-ownership that's diverse in age, race, ethnicity and socio-economic circumstance."