Personal Unsecured & Secured Loans
Our minimum unsecured loan is $500 and the most we might be able to lend you is tied to your credit score:
MAXIMUM UNSECURED LOAN
|A+||740 and Up||$25,000|
|A||680 - 739||$25,000|
|B||640 - 679||$15,000|
|C||600 - 639||$10,000|
|D||550 - 599||$5,000|
|E||549 and Less||$5,000|
- Unsecured loans can be used for any legal purpose but the purpose must be stated at the time of application.
- We have provided many types of unsecured loans for: purchasing furniture or appliances, dental work, repair of credit, to assist with a family emergency or unexpected expense such as a funeral or travel to a funeral, "family aid" loans to assist people trying to help families that are oversees or living as refugees, security deposits, college expenses not covered by student loans or for establishing credit.
- Whenever possible, we try to lower the rate and our risk by asking for possible collateral, such as a car that is owned outright. This is known as a lien-secured loan; the loan rate matches the auto loan rate even though the loan is not to buy the car, but is for another purpose—for example, repairs to the vehicle.
- The maximum term for an unsecured loan is 60 months and the minimum term is 12 months.
- We offer monthly, semi-monthly, weekly and bi-weekly payment options on all consumer loans.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2007
Alina had a car loan with HSBC that was at 18.26% which we refinanced for her at the credit union at 8.25% after she made on time payments for one year.
"Basically what institutions like our CU does for 'underserved' people like me, is to put a little faith and trust in our financial life. And that is all we need in order to get out of our broken situation. Believing in the human ability to overcome any situation just by supporting them is enough.
We human beings have an extraordinary capacity or resilience to move on to the next level and then aim for a better future.
I am a true example of that ... A woman with such a bleak financial broken history and here there is a bank in a city where I never imagined myself living someday who put a little bit of that 'faith' in me. What a miracle!"