Personal Unsecured & Secured Loans
Our minimum unsecured loan is $500 and the most we might be able to lend you is tied to your credit score:
MAXIMUM UNSECURED LOAN
|A+||740 and Up||$25,000|
|A||680 - 739||$25,000|
|B||640 - 679||$15,000|
|C||600 - 639||$10,000|
|D||550 - 599||$5,000|
|E||549 and Less||$5,000|
- Unsecured loans can be used for any legal purpose but the purpose must be stated at the time of application.
- We have provided many types of unsecured loans for: purchasing furniture or appliances, dental work, repair of credit, to assist with a family emergency or unexpected expense such as a funeral or travel to a funeral, "family aid" loans to assist people trying to help families that are oversees or living as refugees, security deposits, college expenses not covered by student loans or for establishing credit.
- Whenever possible, we try to lower the rate and our risk by asking for possible collateral, such as a car that is owned outright. This is known as a lien-secured loan; the loan rate matches the auto loan rate even though the loan is not to buy the car, but is for another purpose—for example, repairs to the vehicle.
- The maximum term for an unsecured loan is 60 months and the minimum term is 12 months.
- We offer monthly, semi-monthly, weekly and bi-weekly payment options on all consumer loans.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I joined the credit union when they first opened on Monroe Avenue. I wanted to build an account with a financial institution. I saw that they were new and I was starting new - so I thought it would be a good start! They were nice and courteous people. After they moved to South Avenue I wanted to buy a new car and they helped me with that and I have taken out personal loans with them too. They're more personal, a bank doesn't know you from the next 500 people. I always recommend them to people. The credit union looks at the things happening in your life and works with you. They know that people don't fail because they are not working on their life. Sometimes things just happen. I would like to get my next mortgage through them. I love them, they just fit my needs."