Personal Unsecured & Secured Loans
Our minimum unsecured loan is $500 and the most we might be able to lend you is tied to your credit score:
MAXIMUM UNSECURED LOAN
|A+||740 and Up||$25,000|
|A||680 - 739||$25,000|
|B||640 - 679||$15,000|
|C||600 - 639||$10,000|
|D||550 - 599||$5,000|
|E||549 and Less||$5,000|
- Unsecured loans can be used for any legal purpose but the purpose must be stated at the time of application.
- We have provided many types of unsecured loans for: purchasing furniture or appliances, dental work, repair of credit, to assist with a family emergency or unexpected expense such as a funeral or travel to a funeral, "family aid" loans to assist people trying to help families that are oversees or living as refugees, security deposits, college expenses not covered by student loans or for establishing credit.
- Whenever possible, we try to lower the rate and our risk by asking for possible collateral, such as a car that is owned outright. This is known as a lien-secured loan; the loan rate matches the auto loan rate even though the loan is not to buy the car, but is for another purpose—for example, repairs to the vehicle.
- The maximum term for an unsecured loan is 60 months and the minimum term is 12 months.
- We offer monthly, semi-monthly, weekly and bi-weekly payment options on all consumer loans.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I've been a member since the Credit Union was just Dave Knoll with a cardtable in the hallway of the old Genesee Coop on Saturday mornings. I've never been tempted to go anywhere else since that time, even though I now live thirty miles away. I like dealing with nice staff who know my name, who are eager to help, and who are dedicated to financial literacy and empowerment. Plus, it's good to know that my money is being used to invest in people rather than fill the pockets of the wealthiest.
In addition to savings and checking I've turned to the credit union for debit cards, line-of-credit, auto financing, on-line banking, and a home mortgage. I've now financed at least four cars through the credit union, and I've successfully encouraged friends to do the same.
One of my boldest statements ever in the face of raw financial power was when the car dealer required me to sit through a presentation on their financing. My response: "I'm a loyal credit union member, and I'll stick with it even if you offer me zero percent. If I ever get in trouble, the Credit Union will help me work it out, but you guys'll just send the collection agent after me." The guy just gulped and that was that.
And I don't want to forget to mention that as a Credit Union member I get to vote. Real democracy - awesome!
Genesee Co-op Federal Credit Union - it's the best deal in town!"