Tips To Fight Fraud
Fighting fraud is an ongoing battle…and as an accountholder, you’re the most powerful weapon against it!
Here are 15 quick, easy steps you can take to help identify and prevent fraud:
• Close all unused card accounts.
• Review your credit report frequently.
• Review all monthly statements for fraudulent activity.
• Keep your personal records in a secure location.
• Destroy all pre-approved applications.
• Don’t provide account numbers over the phone unless
you’re sure of the caller’s identity.
• Do not provide personal information on solicitations.
• Know when to expect new cards, and report immediately
if they’re not received.
• Carry only the cards you use frequently, and don’t write
your PIN on your card.
• Keep a list of account numbers and lost/stolen contact
numbers in a safe location.
• Do not leave your card(s) with another person.
• Use one card for online purchases and keep a record
of all transactions.
• When providing information online, make sure the
website is secure.
• Pick up mail promptly and report any mail theft to a
local postal inspector.
• When traveling, inform your credit union and ask the
post office to hold your mail.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2004
"When I first came to the credit union and talked to one gentleman, he was so amicable and welcomed me with a warm reception. I have stayed solely because of the employees. All of them, without any discrimination are welcoming, friendly, amicable people. Everyone is suitable for the job as I see it from the front desk, the tellers and supervisors. I also get the advantage of having my tax return prepared for which I thank you all solicitously."