Tips To Fight Fraud
Fighting fraud is an ongoing battle…and as an accountholder, you’re the most powerful weapon against it!
Here are 15 quick, easy steps you can take to help identify and prevent fraud:
• Close all unused card accounts.
• Review your credit report frequently.
• Review all monthly statements for fraudulent activity.
• Keep your personal records in a secure location.
• Destroy all pre-approved applications.
• Don’t provide account numbers over the phone unless
you’re sure of the caller’s identity.
• Do not provide personal information on solicitations.
• Know when to expect new cards, and report immediately
if they’re not received.
• Carry only the cards you use frequently, and don’t write
your PIN on your card.
• Keep a list of account numbers and lost/stolen contact
numbers in a safe location.
• Do not leave your card(s) with another person.
• Use one card for online purchases and keep a record
of all transactions.
• When providing information online, make sure the
website is secure.
• Pick up mail promptly and report any mail theft to a
local postal inspector.
• When traveling, inform your credit union and ask the
post office to hold your mail.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I joined the credit union when they first opened on Monroe Avenue. I wanted to build an account with a financial institution. I saw that they were new and I was starting new - so I thought it would be a good start! They were nice and courteous people. After they moved to South Avenue I wanted to buy a new car and they helped me with that and I have taken out personal loans with them too. They're more personal, a bank doesn't know you from the next 500 people. I always recommend them to people. The credit union looks at the things happening in your life and works with you. They know that people don't fail because they are not working on their life. Sometimes things just happen. I would like to get my next mortgage through them. I love them, they just fit my needs."