Tips To Fight Fraud
Fighting fraud is an ongoing battle…and as an accountholder, you’re the most powerful weapon against it!
Here are 15 quick, easy steps you can take to help identify and prevent fraud:
• Close all unused card accounts.
• Review your credit report frequently.
• Review all monthly statements for fraudulent activity.
• Keep your personal records in a secure location.
• Destroy all pre-approved applications.
• Don’t provide account numbers over the phone unless
you’re sure of the caller’s identity.
• Do not provide personal information on solicitations.
• Know when to expect new cards, and report immediately
if they’re not received.
• Carry only the cards you use frequently, and don’t write
your PIN on your card.
• Keep a list of account numbers and lost/stolen contact
numbers in a safe location.
• Do not leave your card(s) with another person.
• Use one card for online purchases and keep a record
of all transactions.
• When providing information online, make sure the
website is secure.
• Pick up mail promptly and report any mail theft to a
local postal inspector.
• When traveling, inform your credit union and ask the
post office to hold your mail.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
Alison is credited with inspiring the founder of Genesee Co-op FCU, David Knoll, to become an organizer of the credit union. According to David, "Alison said to me 'You need to start a credit union!' With the information and contacts she provided me, I worked to get Genesee Co-op FCU going." THANK YOU ALISON!!
"I was an early joiner. I'm supporting what I believe."