Tips To Fight Fraud
Fighting fraud is an ongoing battle…and as an accountholder, you’re the most powerful weapon against it!
Here are 15 quick, easy steps you can take to help identify and prevent fraud:
• Close all unused card accounts.
• Review your credit report frequently.
• Review all monthly statements for fraudulent activity.
• Keep your personal records in a secure location.
• Destroy all pre-approved applications.
• Don’t provide account numbers over the phone unless
you’re sure of the caller’s identity.
• Do not provide personal information on solicitations.
• Know when to expect new cards, and report immediately
if they’re not received.
• Carry only the cards you use frequently, and don’t write
your PIN on your card.
• Keep a list of account numbers and lost/stolen contact
numbers in a safe location.
• Do not leave your card(s) with another person.
• Use one card for online purchases and keep a record
of all transactions.
• When providing information online, make sure the
website is secure.
• Pick up mail promptly and report any mail theft to a
local postal inspector.
• When traveling, inform your credit union and ask the
post office to hold your mail.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
"I decided to become a founder and a member of Genesee Co-op Federal Credit Union because I wanted to help create, support and benefit from a cooperative alternative to mainstream financial institutions. It's important to me to know that my money supports a non-profit, community-based, socially-responsible saving and lending institution. Now more than ever, we need alternatives to the mega-banks that have made such a mess of our economy. I'm proud to have been a part of an institution that has helped thousands of people enter the world of credit, improve their financial standing and be treated with dignity. It's great to have witnessed the credit union’s evolution from a small group of food co-op members into an institution that serves a member-ownership that's diverse in age, race, ethnicity and socio-economic circumstance."