Fixed Rate Second Mortgages
Our fixed rate second mortgage financing can be a great choice for home upgrades, debt consolidation or other borrowing needs.
- The rate is lower for a collateralized loan than an unsecured loan
- In many cases, interest paid on second mortgages is tax-deductible*
- Your owner-occupied residence serves as the collateral on the loan
- There are minimal closing costs, which can often be paid for with the proceeds from the loan
* Please consult your tax advisor or the IRS to confirm the tax deductibility of interest paid on any mortgage-secured loan.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2007
Alina had a car loan with HSBC that was at 18.26% which we refinanced for her at the credit union at 8.25% after she made on time payments for one year.
"Basically what institutions like our CU does for 'underserved' people like me, is to put a little faith and trust in our financial life. And that is all we need in order to get out of our broken situation. Believing in the human ability to overcome any situation just by supporting them is enough.
We human beings have an extraordinary capacity or resilience to move on to the next level and then aim for a better future.
I am a true example of that ... A woman with such a bleak financial broken history and here there is a bank in a city where I never imagined myself living someday who put a little bit of that 'faith' in me. What a miracle!"