Fixed Rate Second Mortgages
Our fixed rate second mortgage financing can be a great choice for debt consolidation or other borrowing needs.
- The rate is lower for a collateralized loan than an unsecured loan
- In most cases, interest paid on second mortgages is tax-deductible*
- Your owner-occupied residence serves as the collateral on the loan
- There are minimal closing costs, which can often be paid for with the proceeds from the loan.
* Please consult your tax advisor or the IRS to confirm the tax deductibility of interest paid on any mortgage-secured loan.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1993
"I was working at Godiva's clothing store on Monroe Avenue when the credit union opened just down the street; so I decided to use them for my checking and savings accounts. Everyone there was friendly and community-oriented. Then I needed a used car loan and they helped with that too. Most importantly, in 2004, I got my mortgage through them, a 30-year-fixed at less than 6 percent interest. It took about a year to secure because the house had to be rehabilitated but they helped me discover the Southwedge Planning Committee to make it happen. It was exciting. They also helped my wife, who is from Colombia (South America), establish credit. In the meantime, they've helped me with my second and third car loans. I like the fact that they're in the neighborhood and when you walk in, the atmosphere just feels friendly. One of my friends had her artwork displayed on the walls. The credit union has helped me a lot and I've always referred my friends there."