First Mortgages for Purchase & Refinance
We work closely with first-time home buyers to help them get mortgage-ready and have developed ways to assist our lower-income members or those building their credit history to qualify for a mortgage. Homebuyer education workshops, one-on-one budgeting sessions and other resources may be arranged to assist members in preparing for home ownership.
Through our partnership with BALANCE, you can find a valuable financial education tool to help members thinking about becoming a homeowner. This program will cover everything you need to know in order to start the home-buying process off right.
We also recommend that you be in touch with one of the LOCAL Home Buyer Education (Pre and Post-Purchase) and Home Purchase Resource Partners in the area:
- Marketview Heights Neighborhood Association
- NeighborWorks Rochester
- Urban League of Rochester's Home Store
The OwnersChoice website offers members many useful tools for the home buying or refinance process including:
- FINANCIAL CALCULATORS to help you determine what you'd qualify to borrow, how long it would take to recoup your closing costs on a refinance mortgage, etc. Go to OwnersChoice Financial Calculators
- OwnersChoice's Secure Online Mortgage Application streamlines the processing of your request. Go to the OwnersChoice Application Page to "Apply Online". Be sure to choose the "Albany" office when applying.
- Click on this link for our current mortgage rates.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 2001
"The credit union has helped me straighten out my credit so I could own a home. They helped me every step of the way to homeownership right down to recommending and suggesting various avenues to save money and providing me with my first mortgage. They have always been there to make recommendations when I needed financial advice. I'm a member for life because they've made such a difference in my life."