First Mortgages for Purchase & Refinance
We work closely with first-time home buyers to help them get mortgage-ready and have developed ways to assist our lower-income members or those building their credit history to qualify for a mortgage. Homebuyer education workshops, one-on-one budgeting sessions and other resources may be arranged to assist members in preparing for home ownership.
Through our partnership with BALANCE, you can find a valuable financial education tool to help members thinking about becoming a homeowner. This program will cover everything you need to know in order to start the home-buying process off right.
We also recommend that you be in touch with one of the LOCAL Home Buyer Education (Pre and Post-Purchase) and Home Purchase Resource Partners in the area:
- Marketview Heights Neighborhood Association
- NeighborWorks Rochester
- Urban League of Rochester's Home Store
The OwnersChoice website offers members many useful tools for the home buying or refinance process including:
- FINANCIAL CALCULATORS to help you determine what you'd qualify to borrow, how long it would take to recoup your closing costs on a refinance mortgage, etc. Go to OwnersChoice Financial Calculators
- OwnersChoice's Secure Online Mortgage Application streamlines the processing of your request. Go to the OwnersChoice Application Page to "Apply Online". Be sure to choose the "Albany" office when applying.
- Click on this link for our current mortgage rates.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1982
Alison is credited with inspiring the founder of Genesee Co-op FCU, David Knoll, to become an organizer of the credit union. According to David, "Alison said to me 'You need to start a credit union!' With the information and contacts she provided me, I worked to get Genesee Co-op FCU going." THANK YOU ALISON!!
"I was an early joiner. I'm supporting what I believe."