Fixed Rate Second Mortgages
Our fixed rate second mortgage financing can be a great choice for debt consolidation or other borrowing needs.
- The rate is lower for a collateralized loan than an unsecured loan
- In most cases, interest paid on second mortgages is tax-deductible*
- Your owner-occupied residence serves as the collateral on the loan
- There are minimal closing costs, which can often be paid for with the proceeds from the loan.
* Please consult your tax advisor or the IRS to confirm the tax deductibility of interest paid on any mortgage-secured loan.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1985
"I joined the credit union because my bank was starting to charge fees for different transactions and setting a minimum amount on how much you had to have in your account. I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth was and support local businesses. So, I opened a checking and saving account with the credit union. In 2004, I got a mortgage with them - which they helped me stay on top of when I was laid off for a short period. I have direct deposit there for work and I did open up a line of credit there many years ago; I don't use it often but it's nice to know it’s there in case I do need it. People at the credit union dress differently, they don't wear suits and they're down to earth. When I go there, it's friendly and welcoming. I like the brickwork and the fact that they have local artwork on the walls. Most of my friends already bank there."