Tips To Fight Fraud
Fighting fraud is an ongoing battle…and as an accountholder, you’re the most powerful weapon against it!
Here are 15 quick, easy steps you can take to help identify and prevent fraud:
• Close all unused card accounts.
• Review your credit report frequently.
• Review all monthly statements for fraudulent activity.
• Keep your personal records in a secure location.
• Destroy all pre-approved applications.
• Don’t provide account numbers over the phone unless
you’re sure of the caller’s identity.
• Do not provide personal information on solicitations.
• Know when to expect new cards, and report immediately
if they’re not received.
• Carry only the cards you use frequently, and don’t write
your PIN on your card.
• Keep a list of account numbers and lost/stolen contact
numbers in a safe location.
• Do not leave your card(s) with another person.
• Use one card for online purchases and keep a record
of all transactions.
• When providing information online, make sure the
website is secure.
• Pick up mail promptly and report any mail theft to a
local postal inspector.
• When traveling, inform your credit union and ask the
post office to hold your mail.
Our Members make the difference.
Member Since 1993
"I was working at Godiva's clothing store on Monroe Avenue when the credit union opened just down the street; so I decided to use them for my checking and savings accounts. Everyone there was friendly and community-oriented. Then I needed a used car loan and they helped with that too. Most importantly, in 2004, I got my mortgage through them, a 30-year-fixed at less than 6 percent interest. It took about a year to secure because the house had to be rehabilitated but they helped me discover the Southwedge Planning Committee to make it happen. It was exciting. They also helped my wife, who is from Colombia (South America), establish credit. In the meantime, they've helped me with my second and third car loans. I like the fact that they're in the neighborhood and when you walk in, the atmosphere just feels friendly. One of my friends had her artwork displayed on the walls. The credit union has helped me a lot and I've always referred my friends there."